The Seminar 2020 is Cancelled
The Seminar, May 31-June 3 in Nashville, Tennessee is cancelled. This is very disappointing for all of us, because the Program Committee created a stellar program. This is the first time in the Seminar’s 60-plus years to cancel the meeting – unprecedented like so many other things at this time.
We remind you The Seminar 2021 will be held at the Washington Duke Inn, Durham, North Carolina, June 6-9. Please put the dates on your calendars.
We thank everyone for their patience and understanding as we adapt to the unpredictable nature of the coronavirus and its impact.
Thank you for your support, and please stay safe and healthy.
Karen van Bergen
2020 Chair, The Seminar
2020 Seminar Annual Forum
The Seminar Program and Experience Committees are planning a memorable Seminar for 2020. With Nashville as the canvas, we will experience program content and activities unique to the Music City. We convene May 31-June 3 with sessions
at the Omni Hotel Nashville and the Country Music Hall of Fame.
Our program will be as provocative, entertaining and memorable as the colleagues who will join you in Nashville. The eclectic program will feature renowned speakers
and thought leaders from across the spectrum of ideas to enhance our contributions in the C-suite.
If you are an invited 2020 Seminarian, you should have received your electronic evite by now.
Remember, spouses/partners are welcome and eligible for a special guest rate. You can access registration and hotel reservation information
through a series of your personal evites beginning in November. If you have not received it, please contact Yvette Dominguez.
Outstanding speakers confirmed are:
- James Curleigh, CEO, Gibson Brands, Inc. with CEO Perspectives
- Dale Ho, Director of the ACLU's Voting Rights Project on issues regarding voter suppression and rights
- Angela Duckworth, author of Grit: The Power & Passion of Perseverance
- John Friedman, Brown University Professor on economic research and public policy
- Lt. Col. Dan Rooney on veterans issues
- Kate Bowler, historian at Duke Divinity School and author of Blessed: A History of the American Prosperity Gospel
- Edie Weiner, President and CEO of The Future Hunters, one of the world's leading futurist consulting firms on future trends
- Amy Cuddy, a social psychologist, author and speaker on body language and adult bullying
- Neil Pasricha, an author, entrepreneur, podcaster on positivity and simple pleasures which he shares in his book, The Happiness Equation
- Tim Roemer, former U.S. Member of Congress and former Ambassador to India
- Alastair Campbell, a British journalist, broadcaster, political aide and an advocate for mental health awareness
- Sharb Farjami and Maria Barsallo Lynch on deep fakes, disinformation and the dark web
- Chelsea Clinton, Clinton Foundation
- Dr. Regina Benjamin, former U.S. Surgeon General
Omni Nashville Hotel
Located in Nashville (Downtown Nashville), Omni Nashville Hotel is minutes from Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and Music City Center. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Johnny Cash Museum
and Schermerhorn Symphony Center.
Make yourself at home in one of the 800 air-conditioned rooms featuring LCD televisions. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected, and cable programming
is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with
a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you're looking for recreational opportunities, you'll find an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a 24-hour fitness center. This hotel also features wireless Internet
access (surcharge), gift shops/newsstands, and wedding services.
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel's dining establishments, which include 5 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also
access 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 3 bars/lounges.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, dry cleaning/laundry
services, and a 24-hour front desk. Planning an event in Nashville? This hotel has facilities measuring 80000 square feet (7432 square meters), including a conference center. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.